Animation by Kayelle Allen at The Author's Secret

Sunday, October 23, 2011

I Received "The Versatile Blogger Award" ...Yeah!


Today Iris B from her blog (http://www.iris-b.blogspot.com) awarded me with

“The Versatile Blogger Award.”

Thank you Iris, I’m thrilled to receive the "Trophy", especially as I’m a newbie to blogging and, like you, I consider myself a rather lazy blogger.  But I do plan to get better (every day, in every way…)


Here are the Versatile Blogger Award rules:
1.    Thank the person who gave it to you and link back to them.
2.    Share seven things about yourself.
3.        Pass the award along to other, recently discovered blogs and let them know about it.



Now I need to tell you SEVEN things about myself!  Goodness, thinking cap on here... (I may cheat and change these later if I think of more interesting things!)

  1. The obvious starting place I suppose is where I live.  That’s in a leafy Surrey suburb in an old (early Victorian) cottage with one lovely son and one anti-social cat.
  2. I secretly believe my wonderful son, Alexander is a genuine genius.
  3. I worked as a teacher for about twelve years, and for around half of which was head of English.
  4. I gave up teaching to focus on writing and self-published a contemporary romance (‘The Apple Tree’) this year. 
  5. My real ‘baby’ is my novel ‘Unworkers’ which is ghost story but very much contemporary women’s fiction and I would love to find a mainstream publisher for this.  However, at the moment, I can’t seem to bring myself to start chasing literary agents and facing possible rejection.
  6. I’m a bit of a fanatic about the proper use of the English language – I’ve been known to correct misspellings and grammatical errors on public signs!
  7. I murder plants!  Not wilfully, I promise – indoor or outdoor plants just seem to curl up and die rather than grow for me, which makes me quite paranoid – why me?


Now, here are some of the best blogs I
’ve discovered this year and I’m awarding each the Versatile Blogger Award.  Again, in no special order:






Congratulations! Hope you enjoy forwarding this "Trophy" as much as I did

 :-)


“The Versatile Blogger Award.”

4 comments:

Deborah Court said...

Wow!!! I won an award! Thanks so much, Lyn, I feel very honored. Keep up the great work with your blog, you really deserved this award. Your posts are wonderful.

ManicScribbler said...

Lol - you're very welcome, Deborah. Enjoy it. I know I did! And thank you (*curtsies prettily*)

Carol Kilgore said...

Thanks, Lyn. Of course Alex is a genius. How could you ever doubt that - LOL.

ManicScribbler said...

Aww, thank you, Carol. You've just made an insufferably proud mum even more insufferably proud! Enjoy passing on the 'trophy'.

Post a Comment