Animation by Kayelle Allen at The Author's Secret

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year - Please join me at the party


The 'Goals versus Resolutions' interview for Book Brew was great fun! Here are some of the questions I was asked:

CTBB: Do you favor resolutions, goals or just say phooey on it all??

Me: I admire people who make and keep resolutions, so no I don’t say ‘phooey’ – I just sigh and wish I had a bit more will-power 

CCBB: What’s your rationale for this choice?

Me: Years of making and breaking rashly-considered resolutions!

CCBB: Will you share with us something that your choice helped you accomplish, one that went down in flames, or the top one on your list this year?

Me: Two years ago I gave up teaching at Christmas. I took a huge gamble but decided that I owed it to myself to make my writing work for me. But that also meant coming to terms with the confusing world of tweeting and blogging and exposing yourself on Facebook etc. It’s only now when I communicate with friends who have no idea what I’m talking about that I realize just how far I’ve come! (Though sometimes I still feel like breaking down and crying in confusion and defeat).

CCBB: What’s the weather like where you are today? If you could wrinkle your nose or wave a magic wand would you still be there or somewhere else in this amazing world?

Me: Incredibly cold today in the UK. We missed out on a white Christmas, but I suspect we might have a white New Year. Would I be anywhere else in the world, though? Having lived abroad for several years, I’d have to click my heels and say: ‘There’s no place like home.’

CCBB: Are you a chronic packrat, a travel-light-in-life devotee or in between?

Me: Oh no! I really don’t want to be a packrat, but I fear I might be…secretly. THAT’S my New Year Resolution!! I will clear my clutter. Thank you so much for the inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment