Animation by Kayelle Allen at The Author's Secret

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Wednesday's Writer - Jesse Kimmel-Freeman

Camera shy?  Jesse Kimmel-Freeman

I'm truly delighted to feature the fascinating Jesse Kimmel-Freeman as my Wednesday's Writer.  We're  both celebrating our first year as a published author, so naturally I'm interested in finding out more about her journey.  Oh, and I'll be on her blog tomorrow (Thursday), so I hope you'll follow me over there: http://www.jessekimmelfreeman.com/blog.html.  Now, enough from me - let me hand you straight over to Jesse.  Welcome, Jesse.

First, I’d like to thank Lynette for being a wonderful hostess to me. Thank you! :0) So I figured I’d talk about what a year has done for me. I just passed my one year anniversary of publishing my first book- ever, not just as an Indie author. I’m not a millionaire, yet- I don’t sell thousands of books either. But, this is all a learning experience for each of us. We discover our weaknesses and strengths as we go. I’ve learned that the best promotion you can do is a new release. Blog hops are a good way to get people to at least stop by and look at your ramblings. An important things is to never compare yourself to someone else. Everyone writes different- even in the same genre. Also you don’t want to give up.

There are times when we all feel like we should just throw in the towel- ignore that. Just keep pushing through. The path is long and hard, but you have to remember that this isn’t just for the right now. In five years, the world may be entirely different. Well, not entirely, people will always want the written word.

In this coming year, I’m going to try and work on my time management- I’ve got two little ones and time management goes crazy most days! I think this is something a lot of writers struggle with- the balance between life and work. I’m hoping to get several releases this coming year too. Plus, I launched my own small press- so far we have 3 authors and several books that should be released in the months to come! Super exciting. We’re still looking for submissions too, *hint, hint* www.skypirateproductions.com

Again, a big thank you to Lynette for hosting me! Check out the blurb for the book that started everything, Bella Notte.

Bella Notte Blurb:

Vampires? Check. Werewolves? Check. Death prophecy to hang over your head? Double check. Seventeen year old Emma Hutchinson struggles to find her place in the world she has been born to as she tries to decide whether she should be with Michael, the boy she has been dreaming about since she was three or if she belongs with Dominic, her betrothed.

You can get it at:


More about Jesse Kimmel-Freeman:

Jesse now lives in a small town in the middle of nowhere. She moved from the chaos of Los Angeles. Yes, she misses it. It is not uncommon for her to be asked why she moved from such a busy place to the one horse town- the answer is simply to allow her kids to grow up with their grandparents.

Jesse has studied anthropology and used her “education” as an excuse to hang out with vampires- her masters' thesis was going to be modern vampire culture. They really do exist. Vampires have been her obsession since she was about five years old when she swears she was bitten by one.

She enjoys reading and writing. But most importantly being a crazy mom to her son, new daughter, and ever growing pet family. Singing silly songs at the top of her lungs and embarrassing her son is one of her favorite activities. She considers herself to be an odd duck.

Friend her on Facebook.
Like her author page on Facebook.
Follow her on Twitter.
Check out some starter chapters that she wrote for Chainbook, maybe add a new chapter to one of them.


1 comment:

ManicScribbler said...

Thank you, Jesse,
I'm so pleased to have you on my blog,
Lyn

Post a Comment